Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Professionalism and superior customer service
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong professional writing skills
• Adept at handling multiple priorities simultaneously
• High ethical standards
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to manage supplier relations
• Critical thinking skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
Education and Experience:
• Required Education: Bachelor’s degree.
• Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree with a public purchasing certification
• Required Experience: Three (3) years of related business experience, with a
minimum of one (1) year related experience in procurement operations.
• Preferred Experience: Three (3) years in procurement operations with at least
two (2) years in public procurement environment (i.e. educational institution, city,
county, state). Previous Banner experience.
Required Licenses/Certifications: None
Preferred Licenses/Certifications: Procurement certification such as CPPB, CPPO, CPSM or CPM.