COMPLETE JOB DETAILS:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Houston TX 77055
Job Type: On-site
Duration: 04 months
Assist the director and the assistant director of the Center for Afterschool, Summer, and Expanded Learning (CASE) for Kids in the operations of the CASE for Kids office and support administration needs for the community outreach team through the performance of administrative and clerical duties.
- High School diploma or GED certificate
- Some college coursework or Associate’s degree preferred
- Ability to type a minimum of 60 words per minute
- General knowledge of computer systems and software applications
- Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
Four (4) years related experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in organizing routine work activities of the division director and assistant director. This includes scheduling meetings, travel, and maintaining calendars. Keep management informed of status, progress, and schedules in division.
- Organize and manage office operations and procedures such as record keeping, tracking division technology, establishing and managing filing systems, verify/prepare time using HCDE TimeClock system, requisition and storage of supplies, and other clerical duties.
- Coordinate logistics to on-board new division employees including setting up technology, work space, provide training on basic HCDE administrative functions, and completion of new employee paperwork.
- Serve as a contact person when director and assistant director are not available. Serve as the lead contact for daily business functions related to the HCDE Business Office, Human Resources, Technology division and Purchasing division.
- Assist the division director and assistant director in matters pertaining to the functioning of the office.
- Provide leadership to other support staff in division and assist in ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness of completion of duties.
- Oversee office needs on a daily basis. Serve as a point of contact for the division management team. Maintain division inventory. Receive, store, and issue supplies and equipment.
- Monitor and forecast budgets and reports for multiple funds. Review and reconcile budget and track expenditures.
- Prepare payment authorizations, purchase orders, and other financial paperwork for the director and assistant director and when necessary, managers.
- Screen and direct incoming calls, correspondence and visitors.
- Develop, maintain and distribute as required staff files and other specialized records including budgets, absence reports, calendars, technology reports, annual personnel forms such as Telework Agreement Forms, and division procedures.
- Prepare and submit required division reports. Administer the division record-keeping system and update records and publications.
- Coordinate submission of HCDE Board Agenda items and grants, as well as contracts and legal agreements with partnering governmental agencies, organizations and individuals.
- Create and maintain reports as needed for compliance and improvement.
- Maintain good relationships with department personnel, clients and public.
- Draft confidential correspondence, edit documents and take minutes of meetings. Maintain confidentiality of records and meetings.
- Book rooms and support meetings and special events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Periods of stressful and challenging interpersonal management
- Requires after hours, late night and weekend work
- Driving a motor vehicle within the county
- Lifting, positioning and transferring materials weighing up to 40 pounds