Job Title: Director of Accounting
Job Location: Woodlands, Texas 77381
Duration: Mon -Fri (Regular shift)
Job type: On-site
Job Duration: Direct Hire
- Supports the organization’s financial objectives by providing financial analyses and recommendations and directing staff.
- Develops accounting organizational strategies by contributing accounting and financial information, analysis, and recommendations for strategic thinking and direction, and establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Establishes accounting operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies, designing systems, accumulating resources, resolving problems, and implementing change.
- Provides financial projections by coordinating budget/forecast preparation, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial information, and advising departments on the collection and analysis of data.
- Maintains sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Minimizes legally required taxes by studying regulations, presenting tax strategies to management, and filing returns.
- Maximizes sales margins by recommending product and service pricing policies.
Accounting Director Qualifications/Skills:
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Business-to-business selling skills
- State and federal tax laws
- Property and sales tax laws
- Computer accounting software skills
- Project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Focused on results
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS or BA in Accounting
- Accounting management experience