Job Title: Executive Director, Procurement
Job Location: Woodlands, Texas 77381
Job type: On-site
Job Duration: Fulltime/Permanent
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Executive Director, Procurement is charged with the responsibility of the planning, organizing, directing, and administering Clients’ purchasing functions. Requires detailed knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and System policies and procedures. Ensures strict adherence to bid dates and specifications and serves as a resource to Associate Vice Chancellor, Supply Management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Directs, delegates, and controls purchasing workflows to ensure timely handling to meet the needs of the Client’s cost centers. Establishes practices and procedures to be followed by Commodity Managers and other department personnel.
- Monitors Client’s purchases to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and System policies. Monitors purchasing documents and ensures they are properly completed and the terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations.
- Prepares summaries and supporting documentation for purchases requiring board approval.
- Researches and analyzes Client’s purchases and recommends procurement changes to increase efficiencies, economics, or to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Selects vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, evaluates vendor performance, and negotiates price and delivery terms.
- Assures that department records are maintained (including but not limited to price histories to provide information on price variances).
- Hires, trains and evaluates a team of Purchasing employees. Provides leadership, support, guidance, and supervision.
- Undertakes specifically assigned projects relating to procurement and provides summaries, reports and recommendations on these subjects.
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of regulations pertaining to the public entity-purchasing process
- Advanced oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a computer-based System-purchasing operation, to analyze data, research problems and determine resolution
- Excellent management skills
- Ability to display personal initiative and autonomy
- Ability to establish strategy and direction for department
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve and provide team building skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Management, Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field and at least 7 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience must include at least 3 years in a manager- or director-level position
- Master’s degree
- E-commerce technology purchasing experience
- Experience in purchasing utilizing a computer-based purchasing system in a multi-cost center organization
- Certified Texas Purchasing Manager (CTPM) now Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM), or Certified Texas Contract Developer (CTCD)
Related Jobs (3)
Procurement Analyst I on February 14, 2023 Contract To Hire
Sr Commodity Manager, Procurement on February 14, 2023 Full Time
Bid Process Coordinator I on February 14, 2023 Contract To Hire