Job Title: Budget Manager
Job Type: On-site
Job Duration: 12 Months Contract (Possible Extention)
Job Location: Kingwood TX 77339
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Budget Manager, SO Administrative Services, is responsible for assisting with budget management, budget planning, and financial analysis. Originates, reviews, and delivers reports and presentations for division and campus leadership. Maintains compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as clients’ policies and procedures. Works collaboratively across Client’s campuses to partner on various special projects, evaluate business strategies, and ensure standard operating procedures (SOPs) are consistent across campuses and reflect best practices. Requires a detail-oriented, strong, analytical mind that can exercise good judgment and independent discretion in all matters, but especially handling sensitive and confidential materials.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manages and supervises full-time and/or part-time staff as the work dictates. Gives directions, resolves problems, prepares schedules, sets deadlines to ensure the efficiency of workflow, and instills a culture of excellence through training, modeling, and supervision, utilizing cultural beliefs.
- Executes day-to-day functions of the campus finance department including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, journals, procurement, position management, and resolving complex accounting issues.
- Monitors cost and budgets, assists with proactive budget recommendations
- Performs research, compiles information, analyzes data, and designs detailed reports, proposals, job aids, and presentations using approved branding and tools.
- Delivers presentations at a variety of workshops, training, and information-sharing sessions.
- Collaborates with and provides ongoing support to all campus budget managers as a point of contact and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the campus financials team.
- Assists the Director in managing the annual budget development process for the college and Administrative Services, including annual operating and capital budgets.
- Collaborates across clients’ campuses to identify, develop, and implement consistent best practices, and key performance indicators, and re-engineer SOPs to ensure efficiency, documentation, and transparency.
- Complies with local, state, and federal regulations, as well as audit compliance with clients’ policies and procedures.
- Acts as a resource to the greater division across clients’ campuses to maintain normal business operations as needed.
- Responsible for reasonably related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to be a change agent with strong initiative
- Expert analytical skills and strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized to successfully manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Knowledge of budgeting, reporting, and planning.
- Comprehensive computer technology skills to include Microsoft Office, PeopleSoft, advanced presentation software, performing complex queries, and constructing and running reports
- High level of adaptability to adjust changing needs.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, and written and oral communication skills.
- Project management/supervisory skills.
- Review and report on budget status
- Update/maintain the position management spreadsheet and download the EPM position report at the end of each month
- Prepare and enter salary variance transfers
- Review Financial Impact Analysis documents
- Prepare lapsed salary exceptions
- Prepare and enter the lapsed salary reports and budget journals each month
- Prepare the monthly financial executive reports
- Prepare, review, and edit budget journals for the campus
- Prepare, review, and edit GL journal entries for the campus
- Provide training to campus division budget managers
- Serve as back up to the Expense Admin and Director
- Annual budget development and entry, and assisting all users with information
- Contingency tracking and adjusted budget tracking
- Create presentations and SOP Training documents
- Attend and assist with monthly campus division budget managers’ meeting
- Ad hoc reports and projects
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work.
- However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- May regularly travel to different Client’s locations
- May be fully reassigned to other Client’s locations if necessary
- May need to work weekends and untraditional hours if necessary
- Equipment used includes a PC or laptop workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, a phone, and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in accounting and/or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or a related field
- Peoplesoft experience
Related Jobs (3)
Interim Executive Director – Accounting on February 16, 2023 Contract To Hire
Student Accounting, Accountant on February 14, 2023 Contract
Executive Accounting Director on February 14, 2023 Full Time