Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Job Location: Austin, TX 78701
Job Type: Remote
Job Duration: Fulltime
- The employee will demonstrate the Client’s Core values of Excellence, Accountability, Service, and Integrity with internal and external stakeholders, customers, students, and members of the
- Design and develop sophisticated, scalable, server-driven web applications.
- Collect requirements, describe software features, create technical designs, and write pitches for proposed new features, fixes, systems, and applications.
- Communicate consistently and frequently with appropriate parties regarding project status and issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of APIs, SaaS, and HTTP-based communication
- Experience with web software security, databases, and performance optimization Solid Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Desire to seek out and learn new tools, technologies, languages, and frameworks to best solve the challenges at hand
- In-depth knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards; code reviews; continuous
- integration; branch-based workflow; source control management; build processes; testing; and operations
- Experience contributing to functional specification development and shaping well-scoped engineering projects
- Significant knowledge of SQL and relational data, specifically using PostgreSQL
- Constructive escalation of issues to direct supervisors and business stakeholders
- Significant experience shipping production Rails app(s) used by actual customers or stakeholders.
- Experience with AWS and DevOps as it relates to deployments and scalability, especially utilizing Docker
- Experience architecting and implementing service-oriented architectures involving multiple services communicating via HTTP
- User Experience and Graphic design skills (color theory, typography, layout, etc.) are a plus
- Familiarity and/or experience with SEO and accessibility a plus
- Familiarity with Python, machine learning, natural language processing, and data analytics is a bonus.
Related Jobs (2)
PC Technicians on February 14, 2023 Contract
CRM Business Analyst on February 14, 2023 Contract